Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Blessings

After venting to the computer last night I felt much better and then realized I didn't do a very good job portraying how my life is actually extremely fantastic right now. I have decided to list my blessings recent and long term in no particular order. Here is goes.
Aaron got a phone call from his previous employer offering him a corporate position as a cost analyst with a raise and closer to home. He wasn't even looking for a new job and in this economy, this can only be counted as a miracle from heaven. (this is as of last week)
My Husband. Even though he leaves his phone off, or forgets to bring in his lunch tupperware from the car, he is a perfect fit for me. We are both flawed in just the right ways to match. He is the smartest person I know, and also the best looking. :)
I have two beautiful Children who are amazing. Today talking to a stranger about an apartment I had them with me and she said, "They really are amazing kids." I said I knew, Plain and simple. They have special spirits that are so strong and an example to me.
I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I have a Savior who died for me and lives again so I might live. I did the odds once and to be born in this time period, with the gospel is a one in 6 thousand... How I deserve this heaven only knows.
I have a puppy love: Quigly. He keeps me sane when nothing else does. Sometimes I wonder if he wasn't sent to me by my Gramamom in Heaven who instilled in me the love of puppies.
I found a great apartment today in a great neighborhood closer to my dad.
Not too big.. but not too small. :)
I have a love of sewing, computer/web, baking, that I get to indulge almost everyday.
I am healthy and strong. My body is the size I like it, my hair is the color I like it.
I could list all the material things we have that don't fit in our little house like our collection of over 500 movies or buckets and buckets of toys, but needless to say we have so much.
I appologize for my previous attitude. In gratitude for the things I do have I thank my Heavenly father for my abundant blessings.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey, you just had a really bad day and it helps to share sometimes. Don't feel bad about your last post! You're one of the happiest people I know and I don't think you had a bad attitude. It was just a perfect storm of awful events. I'm so happy you found a new place! Good luck with moving in and getting settled.

Janina said...

It didn't sound too bad to me, but only you know what was in your heart. I hope you're keeping a journal, 2010 has already been quite the year for you!
I have often marveled that I was blessed enough to be born at this time and in the USA. At this moment Americans are less than 300 million in a global population of 6 billion or so. So that's about 5%, so don't forget to multiply your number by 20. (I'm guessing that was a measurement of time?) and only about 6 million of those Americans are LDS. I bet the odds are even slimmer than you think! It's amazing! And so sometimes I think, what am I complaining about again?
CONGRATULATIONS on the better job, you guys needed a break!