Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School

Today Egan started Kindergarten
 I admit I shed some tears this morning.. but his excitement permeated the house. at 6:30 he knocked on our door. "Is it time to go to school yet?"
I found some deals at Old Navy and Ross last weekend, he's dressed so cute and slick.
He is so Big!

I got his Leather Jacket on a steal. He loves it, and I have to say, I do too! His shoes have his favorite thing on them right now... "Stwoom Twoopows fwom Staw Wahs" (Storm Troopers from Star Wars)

He's got his Spider man backpack, and inside is his lunch. I completely forgot about getting him a lunch pail and lunch supplies for school, so this morning I scrambled to make him pb and j, (luckily his favorite) some cut up large carrots, and fruit snacks (used normally for bribes). I put it all in a big red lunch sack that the red cross gave us with their logo on it one time... poor kid. Luckily he's still too young to be embarrassed.. I think. I ran to the store after dropping him off today.... tomorrow his lunch will be a bit cooler. :)
We live close enough to the school that we will walk everyday..

Egan and Evelyn all ready for our walk to school
Evelyn Loves her new coat too. Thanks Aunti Olivia for picking this slick number out.
Gotta love cute kids!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

What a big kid! I did the same thing with the lunch box. Audrey had to take a blue one Curtis used when he took his lunch to work. I finally found her a cute little pink Hello Kitty one that she loves. But, she actually ended up liking the blue one too. Go figure. At that age no one notices or cares I think.