Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011 Was Stressful and Wonderful all at once.
Aaron and I were asked just a few days before Sunday if we could give talks in Sacrament meeting for Mother's day. The chapel was full of people, I heard the clerk in the hall say it was 385! I had prepared about a 20 minute talk not knowing what to expect.. and only having about 5 minutes of time, I went over... way over. oops. Aaron was left with negative 5 minutes... poor guy. His talk was amazing. I am so lucky to be married to such a great man. but we'll get back to that.
My talk was centered around a poem that my Grandma Rose wrote. Titled:
Crown of Motherhood
What kind of Mother will I be?
Will I be the kind that Mother’s been to me?
Will I teach and Mold each precious one
As Heavenly Father wishes it done?
Will I love and cherish each as I should
As I wear my Crown of Motherhood?

Precious gems this crown must bear-
Loyalty, Trust and Patience so rare.
Understanding and tolerance shimmer with light
Radiant jewels of Laughter sparkle bright.                  
Pearls of Wisdom , Lord I request,
But let gems of Love outshine the rest.

This weighty diadem – thou bestowest upon me
Untarnished, polished by love and empathy
Not my burden alone, for thou art near
To hear my pleas and calm my fear
I’ll cherish this trust, most precious and good,
This honored crown of Motherhood.

I was also able to quote my Wonderful Mommy, my Gramamom, and My Grandma Hill along with quotes from Jeffrey R Holland's Talk "Because she is a Mother. I am so honored to be a mother and so happy that I've had such wonderful examples of motherhood in my life.
Aaron Couldn't find tape.. except the electrical kind... Here is my mother's day present and card :)
Good Job Bob. Love You!
 I got a really soft sleeping mask with ear plugs... Which is so perfect! Here I am on Mother's day taking my 2 hour nap.. sneaky man took my picture! Woop! I also got a gift card to get myself some Shoes! Oh yeah!
Egan's pillow pet is so soft! LOL...

No comments: