Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Costumes

Got the costumes for the kids done... finally.
Ok, So Egan has been set on being a storm trooper for Halloween since July or so, there was no talking him out of it. I always make the costumes, and I was a bit worried about this one. Storm troopers wear helmets that cover their faces and I'm not a big fan of masks at Halloween so I rocked my brain until I saw a camo plastic helmet at the dollar store. I painted it white with 3 layers of acrylic paint, and then painted the eyes and details with black. Now his face isn't covered! I also found the little black gun at the dollar store. I found a black long sleeve shirt and pants at walmart and took 11 white felt squares from the craft department and cut out armor and sewed them on to look like a storm trooper. And then made shoe covers with the felt and elastic for white boots. I used this picture as a guide. Total Spent: $16.00
After asking Egan to try on his costume and take pictures, with a few minutes to play, I asked him to take it off. He wouldn't have it, I had to chase him down and fight him out of it. LOL. Glad he likes it that much. :)

 Evelyn has been asking to be sleeping beauty since her birthday in May. Of course its because the princess wears a pretty PINK gown and with long blonde curls and a crown! Luckily when Evelyn was about a year old I was given a pattern with the Disney Copyright Costumes of both Sleeping Beauty and Snow White for sizes 4 to 8. I've been saving it for 3 years and was soooo happy to use it. Upon opening and starting the process I found out the the bodice pieces were missing, so I had to make up the pieces based on the little pictures I could see on the pattern instructions. Evelyn sat by the sewing machine the whole day while I made it. She giggled and laughed while I tried each piece on her for fitting. I have rarely seen her so happy as she is in her sleeping beauty costume. I used 3 different scratch pink pieces left over from other projects and white flannel and felt (from Egan's left over felt). Total Spent: $0.50 (Because of scraps I already had)
I also used the felt for the crown and necklace, cut them out and painted them with gold glitter acrylic paint. Evelyn has snuck the crown out of my closet a few times to wear it around the house. Silly Girl. So glad she likes it!

I doubt Aaron and I will dress up this year, but if we were, I think Aaron would be Obi Wan, and I'd be Maleficent. Oh Yeah Baby... :)
 Here are a few of the other pictures collaged of the kids costumes.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Dolores said...

Awesome costumes, Jasmine!!

Carolyn said...

Oh, you are making us all look bad! I'm amazed at your skills.

Samantha said...

So cute! You did an awesome job!! =]

Tiffany said...

You are so talented!!