Monday, December 7, 2009

Chistmas Clothes


To my dismay we lost the Christmas dress and vest were lost. I made these for pictures and a festive Sunday. I had just finished them a few days before the fire. They were covered in the filmy soot, but downstairs. The dry cleaners brought them back to me "unsalvagable" still smelling and discolored. Here are the before pictures. Evelyn would have looked wonderful and Egan so debonair.
You can't tell from the pictures but the lining was black and the ribbon was sparkly silver. Under the dress, there was another puffy layer of tulle. The back buttoned with silver buttons.

I had just washed Evelyn's Easter dress, you can see coming out of the basket. Unfortunately this was obviously lost as well. I have not been able to take Pictures or send out Christmas cards. I am apologizing for my negligence. Maybe we'll send out new year cards. =)


3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Those outfits are beautiful but the only thing that matters is that you have the children to dress them in, even if the outfits are destroyed. I am in tears over all of your pictures. I am so thankful to the Lord for sparing your beautiful family. Merry Christmas.

Harward said...

Thanks Jaclyn! Of course my blessings are abundant that my children are safe! I can't tell you the fear and anxiety I still feel. Aaron was the one that was burned, but they put me on the oxygen at the emergency room. =) I am extremely greatful for my sweet family. I only posted the dresses because I always post the dresses I make. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! I was totally crying reading your post. I am so glad that you are all safe! How scary that the fire was right under Evelyn. And to have been that close at losing her. Made me ball! I'm sorry you lost a lot of your things. I will now have to go check our smoke alarms. Good to know that sticking a match in a socket starts it on fire! Crazy! I hope that you are all put back together somewhat for Christmas time. Seriously, I'm not sending out cards this year and my house didn't catch fire. I think you get a major pass on that one!