Thursday, July 2, 2009

Evelyn's Missionaries

We've recently had the missionaries over for dinner a few times (we're lucky, our ward has our own set!)These elders are great hard working young men, and we enjoy having them over. Evelyn has decided these young men are one of her favorite things. Though she acts shy and timid when they are here she talks about them all the time. The other night when Aaron left to do splits with the missionaries I was left to put the kids to bed by myself and this is how my conversation went with 3 year old Evelyn:
"Is Daddy at work?"
"No, Honey, he went with the missionaries, he'll come home and give you a kiss later."
"Missionaries coming?"
"We'll see them again another day, Good night."
"I want the missionaries! I want a kiss!"
"I'll give you one, and Daddy will be home soon."
"No Mommy I want to kiss the missionaries!"

What could I say to that? As a teenager, I admit I tried my darnedest to flirt with the poor missionaries in our area.
After laughing a bit and giving her a few kisses I simply said, "Sweetheart, we can't kiss the missionaries. When your older you can marry one when they come home. Mommy did."
Cross your fingers she isn't planning her wedding. =)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so cute! Just watch, she will bring up marriage the next time you have them over for dinner. =)

chrissy said...

Ha, I totally use to try and flirt with them, too! In hindsight, HOW HORRIBLE!!! ha ha, poor guys. I'm sure she'll catch herself an awesome RM some day!