Sunday, May 31, 2009

Evelyn's Birthday!


Evelyn's most recent obsession is The Little Mermaid, so we decided that we would have an Under the sea party for her. I made a banner, had streamers and pink and purple balloons. I spent weeks and weeks planning Evelyn's cake. (In my opinion the most important thing in a party =)) I went in a bidding war on E-bay for the little mermaid figurines you see in the pics, at the last second I was able to outbid the other obnoxious bidder by a few cents. Her cake was made with the confetti cake mix. I used matching confetti frosting on the sides, with white colored blue frosting on the top. I used blue decorating gel to make the frosting look like water, and colored more frosting green for the a seaweed effect on along the outer edges and the writing "Evelyn's 3!" For the mound, I used more cake (cut off the top mound before placing on tinfoil covered pan)I frosted the mound with just white and colored regular white sugar with food coloring to make it look like sand. I used Pink plastic beads from JoAnns along the bottom and Blue sprinkles covered the cake when I was all finished. The figurines fit perfect in the scene.


Evelyn got a Little Mermaid Barbie, Bride Barbie, Mermaid Movies and Dress shoes and so much more from all the wonderful friends and family here.


Evelyn was tickled to be sung to. I'm so glad Aaron got it on tape! She's so cute!

After cake and icecream and presents we went to the park with everyone to play.
Then, after everyone went home, our neighbors had a plastic pool outside and invited Egan and Evelyn to play. At around 7, we put the kids in PJs, and left the room for a few minutes (normally it takes a while for the kids to calm and go to sleep) Within five minutes there were no sounds, we went back in to check, both completely out with Evelyn clutching her new barbies. Happy day. And believe it or not, they were great at church the next day (today)too. Crazy!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I've always been so impress with your creativeness!! Beautiful birthday cake! WOW, Evelyn is 3! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY GIRL!!!!!!

chrissy said...

I can't believe she's already 3! I still picture her as the tiny newborn at church. The cake looks great!

Romi´s said...

Hi!! I Also have a 3 years old girl. I did her party with things about Madagascar movie.

This age is amazing.

Congratulations!!